Sunday, January 18, 2009

Ok, So I Skipped a Year....

Right. Blogging. It's been a while. Now that I'm back from London, I'm not really sure I have anything exciting to blog about any more. But I figured I give it a go. Please notify me if I become tremendously boring.

So let me catch you up on the past year of my life, in case you missed it:
  • Came back from London and spent my last semester at Syracuse living with three great girls on Euclid. Again, I marvel at how my housing situations have worked themselves out. I've never been one to have a lot of girlfriends, but all of my roommates (and adopted roommates) have been great.
  • The semester itself was relatively uneventful. I took the standard 5 classes and did okay. Rick was gone all semester doing an internship at the State Assembly in Albany, so I only saw him every other weekend.
  • On May 11, 2008, I graduated from Syracuse University. I still haven't quite convinced myself of that fact. I had spent the last few months of the semester frantically searching for a job, to no avail.
  • On May 13, 2008 (yes, I took ONE DAY OFF after graduation - believe me, not my choice), I began working full-time as a secretary in my mom's office. Had to have that health insurance.
  • After about 3 months of checking patients out and memorizing diagnosis codes (Knee pain? 71946. Depression? 300) I stumbled across a position in the classified section at Enable and applied.
So I got the job. I am now the Donor Relations Coordinator at Enable, a non-profit that provides services for people with disabilities. My main functions are fund raising and public relations, and all that those things entail. I really like my job, and Enable is really a great organization. Plus, I have my own office!

Enable is on Court Street on the north side of Syracuse. So for now, I'm still living at home in Baldwinsville. Figured I'd should probably save some money.

So that's about it. Stay tuned for updates on the real world.

No comments:

Post a Comment